New Year Decluttering!
by Dumpster Dan The Handyman Can | Jan 4, 2021 | Blog, Dumpster Rental, Helpful Tips, Hoarding Help, Pitch Crew, Trash Trends
Is one of your New Year’s resolutions to declutter your home, basement, attic or garage? Have you tried this before and put it off because the task was overwhelming? Then you need a junk removal company to help. Here are the steps to take to help you make this year the year you stick to your resolution of decluttering!
If you don’t have a plan, it can’t succeed. It doesn’t have to be elaborate or fancy, but you do have to write it down. Here are a few things to include in your plan:
- Areas in need of decluttering – be specific. For example, don’t just say closets. List each closet.
- Time available to work each day, week or month. Schedule it just as you would schedule a dentist appointment.
- List where you’ll donate things that can be donated and when they accept donations. With COVID, you may need to double check as many organizations have limited hours or stopped accepting donations.
- Join buy/sell/trade groups or download apps or schedule a garage sale. The benefit of using buy/sell groups online is that you can post things to get rid of as you find them. The benefit of a garage sale is you don’t need to deal with no-shows and contacting the next
- Find a good junk removal company and get on their schedule.
We know that getting started is sometimes the hardest part of decluttering. We recommend that you have a designated space to put items you’re selling, the items you’re donating and know what you’re going to do with the items you’re going to have the junk removal company take away. This will make the time you have more efficient because you won’t have to decide what to do with each thing you aren’t keeping.
Ask Others to Hold You Accountable
Like exercise, or any goal, decluttering is easier when you have someone holding you accountable. Or even someone who can help. If you have a friend who is in the same situation as you, consider going to their house one day and having them over another. An objective person can help you get rid of things you really don’t need or want, but, for whatever reason, can’t get rid of yourself.
Call Pitch Crew
We’re a local junk removal company who can remove just about anything, just about any time. If you’re ready to declutter, call us and we can sometimes be there with just a day’s notice. Whether you have a lot or just a few items that need disposing of, call us at (571) 292-1403 or fill out our contact form.